lunes, 30 de julio de 2012

Suhata Bhatt´s diary entry


3th of June

Dear diary,

Today I woke up and watched through the window of my room, I am used to see the Indian flag, but today something different was what I could see, the British flag was moving with the wind on the mast instead of my flag, can you imagine the horrible feeling?

These months have been terrible, it´s such the contempt I have with the British, it´s so horrible. I feel like living on another country, but I know that I am in India. It is just that I have never imagined that such a depressing thing would happen here, in my country, in my place! Everyday thousands of British soldiers reach the Indian ports and threat all the people in the streets, I never had that feeling, but I think that there´s somebody inside me trying to shout as louder as possible and kill every soldier that crosses by his way.  From one day to the other I am not any more Indian?  In whose head does this fit?

I feel miserable, everybody that is next to me feels miserable too, the Indian and British soldiers that die in battles and their families also feel miserable, what´s the point of this? trying to make people´s life miserable just because!!

I confess you that when I read in the diary about the first battle, I was above to die!

Kisses and wish me good luck to be heard by God and this horrible colonization stop!

Sujata

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario